Delivery of Behavioral Health Care Services in the Time of COVID-19: Challenges, Opportunities, and Advocacy
David Shillcutt, Associate, will co-present "Delivery of Behavioral Health Care Services in the Time of COVID-19: Challenges, Opportunities, and Advocacy," a webinar hosted by the American Health Law Association (AHLA).
- Overview of recent regulatory changes and the impact to access, delivery, and payment for mental health and substance use disorders
- Professional licensure rules
- Section 1135 waivers
- Appendix K under a Section 1915 waiver package
- HIPAA enforcement waiver, state mental health statutes, and 42 CFR Part 2
- Executive action to address commercial insurance
- DEA waiver of in-person assessments
- Review of ways providers are revising care delivery models in response to the COVID-19-prompted regulatory changes
- Immediate impact to telehealth delivery
- Meeting the demands of the opioid epidemic National Emergency
- Strategies to address increased behavioral health demands across all patient populations
- Advocating for additional changes at local, state, and federal levels
For more information, visit DistanceLearning.AmericanHealthLaw.org.