Cornell Tech Startup Law Summer Speaker Series #4: Navigating Return to Work Issues Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
Attorneys David Weiss, Ian Carleton Schaefer, Nancy Gunzenhauser Popper, and Alison Gabay will co-present "Cornell Tech Startup Law Summer Speaker Series #4: Navigating Return to Work Issues Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic," a webinar hosted by Cornell University.
The COVID-19 pandemic has further complicated even the best-laid plans and business models, with more challenges on the horizon as businesses prepare to reopen and return to the physical workplace. Mr. Weiss, Mr. Schaefer, Ms. Popper, and Ms. Gabay will discuss the critical and unique issues emerging companies face as their employees consider returning to the workplace amid the COVID-19 pandemic. This webinar will cover key issues to help emerging companies effectively navigate state and federal requirements for returning to work.
- re-thinking the physical workplace and the appropriate balance with remote work;
- best practices and requirements for workplace safety, including employee training requirements;
- the legal parameters and limitations on employee testing, contact tracing, and digital apps;
- workforce restructurings: furloughs, reductions in force and WARN Act considerations;
- leave and accommodations issues;
- tax and immigration impact of the pandemic on corporate and human capital strategies.
For more information and to register, please visit Cornell.zoom.us.