Canna-business as Usual? A Guide to Approaching Marijuana in the Workplace
Nathaniel M. Glasser and Steven M. Swirsky, Members of the Firm, co-present "Canna-business as Usual? A Guide to Approaching Marijuana in the Workplace," a webinar hosted by Lawline.
Learning objectives that will be the focus of this webinar include:
- Review the various protections provided by state legalization laws, including decriminalization, nondiscrimination, and accommodation
- Identify current federal enforcement priorities under the Controlled Substances Act and current proposals in Congress to change the federal law
- Discuss the effect of state legalization laws on drug-free workplace policies, DOT regulations, federal contracting requirements, and similar employer obligations
- Explore whether employers must accommodate an employee’s use of medical (or even recreational) marijuana
- Know how to respond to increasing numbers of pre-employment and on-the-job positive test results for marijuana
- Recognize elevated hazards presented by marijuana use by employees required to operate motor vehicles or engage in safety-sensitive tasks
- Examine employer obligations to bargain with employees’ union representatives concerning drug policies and discipline relating to marijuana usage
- Propose strategies for dealing with inherent conflicts in state and federal law
For more information, please visit Lawline.com.