18th Annual ALI-ABA Course of Study and Video Webcast: Current Developments in Employment Law: The Obama Years at Mid-Term
La Fonda on the Plaza
Frank C. Morris, Jr., Member of the Firm, serves as a Practitioner Planning Chair of this ALI-ABA conference. He will copresent "Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Developments," including a discussion of the impact of the ADA Amendments Act, the proposed EEOC regulations, and the annual tour de force review of recent cases.
He'll also copresent "New Federal Retaliation and Whistleblower Claims," addressing topics such as:
- The whistleblower reward provisions in the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and the proposed regulations implementing those provisions
- Dodd-Frank Act amendments strengthening the anti-retaliation provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the False Claims Act
- Three new whistleblower retaliation causes of action in the Dodd-Frank Act
- Recent case developments under Section 806 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- New legislation protecting whistleblowing on food safety
- Recent developments under the False Claims Act, including legislation closing loopholes
- Recent case developments in federal employee whistleblower protection
- An overview of recently enacted federal whistleblower protection laws protecting workers in the transportation and health care industries
Peter M. Panken, Member of the Firm, will join a panel discussion, "Retaliation and Whistleblower Case Law Developments." This segment addressees similarities between whistleblower and retaliation cases and why they are so dangerous for employers.