ERICA F. SIBLEY* is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green. She represents a diverse group of health care providers, including, but not limited to, long-term acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, institutional pharmacies, home care agencies, adult day care facilities, physician groups, and various other health care facilities and providers.
- Advises and assists health care providers in connection with government investigations relating to health care fraud and abuse arising under anti-kickback laws, the Stark Law, and the False Claims Act
- Counsels clients on legal and regulatory compliance issues arising under Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement programs, including provider enrollment and participation, as well as coding, coverage payment, and medical necessity documentation issues
- Advises clients on federal and state health information privacy and security laws, including HIPAA implementation, and privacy and security risk assessments
- Assists health care clients with the regulatory and transactional aspects of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic affiliations, and other health care business arrangements
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Sibley was a health care attorney at a large regional law firm. While in law school, Ms. Sibley served as an intern at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the General Counsel; was as an Associate Editor of the Seton Hall Law Review; received the Timothy G. Rothwell Health Law Scholarship; and was a Seton Hall Distinguished Health Law Scholar.
*Admitted in New Jersey; not admitted in the District of Columbia.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Associate Editor, Seton Hall Law Review
- The College of New Jersey (B.A., magna cum laude, 2008)
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- New Jersey
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association