ELIZABETH “LIBBY” MARTIN is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Chicago office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents employers in employment litigation involving allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, breach of contract, and whistleblowing
- Counsels clients on employment laws (including the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act) and on employment practices and procedures
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Martin was an attorney at an international law firm, where she provided representation to clients in the financial services, asset management, and private equity industries.
During law school, Ms. Martin served as an Internet and Symposium Editor of the Illinois Law Review and placed second nationally in the 2016 American Bar Association’s Client Counseling Competition. Additionally, Ms. Martin worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Claire McWilliams in the Circuit Court of Cook County.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2016)
- Order of the Coif
- Rickert Award for Excellence in Advocacy
- Internet and Symposium Editor, Illinois Law Review
- Miami University (B.A., cum laude, 2013)
- Howard White Award
- Chicago Bar Association