Epstein Becker Green attorneys have the experience to assist you and your health care organization with creating and operating an effective corporate compliance program before a governmental fraud investigation occurs to help minimize the risk of potentially ruinous federal and state enforcement actions. A well-established corporate compliance program can protect a health care company in the midst of a legal crisis by shielding the company from suffering harsher penalties or stricter sentences. Nevertheless, both the federal and state governments' health care fraud enforcement activities continue to grow. Recent government settlements specifically mandate the implementation of a corporate compliance program as an essential part of the settlement.
We can assist your health care organization with preparing a corporate compliance program based on the size of the organization, the nature of its business, and the prior history of the organization. Additionally, firm attorneys provide in-depth training for the organization's management team and employees, addressing specific areas of vulnerability, implementation of the program, and ongoing oversight, when needed.
Epstein Becker Green provides complete corporate compliance program legal services for our health care clients. These services include, but are not limited to:
- The development of compliance programs to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations
- Representation before the Office of Inspector General (OIG) in connection with investigations, and the negotiation of Corporate Integrity Agreements
- The preparation of corporate policies, including those addressing code of conduct, duties of compliance officers, employee training, reporting of noncompliance, records management, patient confidentiality, human resources, and reimbursement and billing procedures, among other things
- In-depth training on policies addressing specific vulnerabilities or areas of noncompliance
- Continued guidance to build on and enhance an existing corporate compliance program
- Health regulatory due diligence reviews to determine the effectiveness of a company's corporate compliance program