CHRISTINA C. RENTZ is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Los Angeles office of Epstein Becker Green.
Ms. Rentz’s experience includes:
- Advising employers on labor laws, labor relations issues, collective bargaining agreements, and negotiations with labor unions
- Defending employers against claims of unfair labor practices, from responding to the initial charge through hearing and appeal
- Representing employers in employment litigation in California state courts, as well as in arbitration and other administrative hearings, involving appeals of employee discipline and claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and whistleblowing
- Counseling supervisors and human resource professionals on a wide range of personnel management issues, including hiring and recruitment, investigations into employee misconduct, employee discipline, wage and hour issues, privacy rights, protected leave laws and disability and discrimination laws
- Developing training programs for supervisors and human resource professionals on a broad array of employment issues, including labor relations, hiring, recruitment, management best practices, and privacy issues
- Drafting employment policies and employee handbooks
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Rentz was an attorney at a labor, employment, and education law firm in Los Angeles. Previously, she was an attorney at a San Diego law firm, where she provided representation and counsel to employers on labor and employment matters.
While attending law school, Ms. Rentz served as an extern for the Honorable Kathleen Mulligan of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Member, San Diego International Law Journal
- University of California, San Diego (B.A., 2004)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California