Epstein Becker Green is an equal opportunity employer.
Discover an excellent career opportunity as a Business Development Coordinator in Epstein Becker Green's Marketing and Business Development Department in the Newark Office. We are a super-boutique of 280 lawyers in 14 national offices, with a focus on health care and life sciences, labor and employment, and litigation. Our full-service marketing and business development department supports one another in all facets of the job. Because of our firm’s size and strategic focus along with our team’s dedication and energy, we are in the unique position to provide a fun and exciting work environment.
The Business Development Coordinator will work across practices to provide support in marketing and business development initiatives. The Business Development Coordinator is involved in a variety of marketing and business development activities, including targeted industry research; event planning and management; identifying speaking opportunities; coordination of pitches, RFPs, and other client presentations; and general marketing and business development support. Responsibilities include:
- Perform research on companies, targets, competitors and industries using the firm’s research tools and internal databases.
- Prepare detailed client research and analysis of targets in support of business development efforts.
- Identify speaking opportunities to targeted audiences.
Pitches, Proposals and Presentations
- Produce pitch materials and RFP responses, including drafting and editing materials; monitoring and tracking trends; and reporting results.
- Advise on presentation strategies and the ability to create advanced PowerPoint pitches.
- Assist attorneys with background preparation, coaching, and mock meetings.
- Support the execution of marketing and business development strategies, plans and projects, including the tracking and follow-up of specific efforts.
- Monitor and develop reports on trends and issues impacting clients.
- Populate, and assist in the management of, an experience database and client list, and providing other database needs, as necessary.
- Develop and keep updated practice marketing collateral, brochures, biographies and practice group descriptions.
Events and Sponsorships
- Coordinate practice sponsorships, firm hosted events, conference attendance/booths, webinars, and speaking engagements.
- Conduct event venue research and coordination of event management and logistics.
- Complete management of logistics and content for firm hosted webinars.
- Develop strong working relationships with key attorneys and with other members of the Marketing and Business Development team.
- Exercise project management skills to meet deadlines with short turnaround time while maintaining firm branding and standards.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, English, or Communications.
- More than two years' experience in a law firm or professional services organization.
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proofing and copyediting skills are critical to the role’s success.
- Ability to work professionally with the firm’s attorneys and to take initiative when working with other staff.
- Ability to work without direct day-to-day oversight from supervisor.
- Solid analytical abilities.
- Must be a strong writer with experience in pitch and RFP writing strongly preferred.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Detail oriented, proactive, self-directed, and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
For more information, please email Lisa Blackburn, Director of Business Development, at [email protected]. We are an equal opportunity employer.View Less