Epstein Becker Green is an equal opportunity employer.
The Boston, MA office of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C., is looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to support busy attorneys in the Health Care practice group.
The ideal Legal Secretary will perform a wide variety of administrative tasks which includes providing a high level of customer service and support, while consistently producing an excellent work product. The Legal Secretary maintains general knowledge of the firm’s practice groups and a specialized knowledge of the attorneys’ practice areas and clients in order to ensure extraordinary client satisfaction. Standard duties include heavy calendar scheduling, entering time in Elite, processing reimbursements, interacting with clients, travel arrangements, processing new business intake forms, expense reconciliation and coordinating billing processes for assigned attorneys. Assist with event planning coordination and support, including internal and external events. The candidate must also use exceptional judgement and discretion for carrying out work assignments and setting work priorities.
Excellent verbal, writing, grammar and proofreading skills are required to produce quality work. Must have strong organizational skills, the ability to meet assigned deadlines and build/maintain positive working relationships with the assigned attorneys, external clients and other staff members. Attention to detail and strong communication skills and the ability to think through processes and anticipate needs are also required.
Position Type: Full-Time
Hours of Work: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Preferred Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a legal secretary certificate, associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of two to three years of legal secretarial experience in a law firm or other legal environment.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter with salary expectations to:
Meagan Smith, Office Administrator
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
198 Tremont Street, Suite 125
Boston, MA 02116
The Princeton office of Epstein Becker & Green, PC is looking for a litigation paralegal who is client focused and has experience with all facets of commercial litigation.
The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to produce quality work, meet assigned deadlines and communicate progress of cases, status and issues to assigned attorneys within the group. Trial experience and familiarity with court rules, motion practice, and court deadlines is a plus.
- Opening, maintaining, organizing and filing on a consistent basis the internal files pertaining to particular clients and matters;
- E-filing in both state and federal courts;
- Generating and preparing Table of Contents and Table of Authorities for legal filings;
- Copying and putting together exhibits and witness binders;
- Preparing spreadsheets and presentations using MS Excel and PowerPoint;
- Using Relativity in connection with E-discovery;
- Creating, formatting, and using MS Word to prepare and edit letters, memoranda, briefs, pleadings, agreements, contracts, and other legal documents from forms, original handwritten materials or dictation;
- Coordination of service of subpoenas, and regular follow up with the non-parties served to insure responsive documents are timely returned, as well as coordination of insuring that all invoices are paid;
- Coordination of service of complaints, and filing of proof service with the Court; and
- Monitoring attorneys’ calendar, entering time, arranging for court reporters, videographers, translators, conference rooms, client meetings and scheduling meetings, appointments, depositions and coordinating and making travel arrangements
- Extremely organized, ability to multi-task, prioritize and pay close attention to all detail, comfortable working under extreme deadlines, ability to be flexible, work under tense circumstances, and ability to remain calm and composed
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Ability to be a team player, work independently, strong reading and writing skills
- BA/BS degree or Associates degree in paralegal studies
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in working with PowerPoint, Excel, MS Word 2010, and other Microsoft applications
- Experience with Relativity or a comparable document management software
Member of the Firm
150 College Road West, Suite 301
Princeton, NJ 08540