Epstein Becker Green is an equal opportunity employer.
Epstein Becker Green (EBG), a leading national super-boutique law firm, seeks a creative and high-energy Content Specialist in its New York, Newark, Washington, D.C., or Los Angeles offices. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a collaborative Marketing and Business Development team, while working closely with the firm’s marketing-savvy attorneys. The culture is collegial, entrepreneurial, and provides work-life balance. This position will work across practices to support the firm’s strategic objectives. The position reports to the Director of Communications.
The Content Specialist’s responsibilities include:
- Creation of content for collateral material, pitches, and RFPs
- Provide strategic oversight of the firm’s marketing collateral to ensure effective and consistent messaging
- Draft, edit and revise content for the firm’s website that is compelling and speaks to the firm’s brand
- Responsible for organization of the firm’s marketing and business development materials
- Mine the firm’s matter descriptions to creative dynamic content that speaks to the solutions we provide to our clients
- Create compelling PowerPoint pitches to support pitch meetings and presentations
- Coordinate and gather information for rankings submissions (Chambers USA, The Legal 500, and other surveys, as needed); draft initial submissions and appropriately manage experience and other information for the submissions; and work directly with the Business Development Managers on submissions
- Develop strong working relationships with key partners in firm practice areas and with other members of the Marketing and Business Development team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, English, or Communications
- More than three years' experience in a professional services organization creating content
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Proofing and copy editing skills are critical to the role’s success
- Ability to work professionally with the firm’s attorneys and to take initiative when working with other staff
- Solid analytical abilities
- Proficient with Word and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented, proactive, self-directed, and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Willing and able to work overtime, as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- For more information: Please email email@example.com
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for generating client invoices and working closely with a number of attorneys and staff to ensure that invoices meet the standards for content, timeliness and format established by clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of client terms, discount arrangements, lawyer and client preferences while managing the complete billing process for assigned billing responsible attorneys
- Produce firm standard billing proformas for review by billing responsible attorneys each month
- Edit and finalize invoices based on instructions provided by the billing responsible attorneys and client guidelines; maintain and update billing instructions in Elite
- Submit electronic invoices via e-billing guidelines; be able to add timekeepers for rate approvals
- Respond to information requests from lawyers, clients and staff related to client billings
- Monitor invoices submitted through the various e-billing systems to ensure submission, including following up with clients concerning the opening of matters in the various e-billing sites
- Follow-up with billing responsible attorneys to ensure timely processing of bills
- Research proformas or billing-related inquiries
- Produce monthly statements for outstanding invoices and send same to clients
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years in similar position
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Law firm or professional services experience preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Must be proficient in Elite Enterprise System and e-Billing Hub
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong experience with a wide array of e-billing vendors, including but not limited to: Serengeti, Counsel Link, Chubb, Tymetrix as well as LEDES file knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and ownership of assigned work
- Ability to interact with legal and administrative personnel
- Ability to keep Billing Supervisor informed of all billing issues
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous initiatives and activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
Cinthia LeGrand, CLM
Director of Office Administration - New York
Epstein Becker Green
250 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10177
Discover an excellent career opportunity as a Business Development Coordinator in Epstein Becker Green's Marketing and Business Development Department in the Newark Office. We are a super-boutique of 280 lawyers in 14 national offices, with a focus on health care and life sciences, labor and employment, and litigation. Our full-service marketing and business development department supports one another in all facets of the job. Because of our firm’s size and strategic focus along with our team’s dedication and energy, we are in the unique position to provide a fun and exciting work environment.
The Business Development Coordinator will work across practices to provide support in marketing and business development initiatives. The Business Development Coordinator is involved in a variety of marketing and business development activities, including targeted industry research; event planning and management; identifying speaking opportunities; coordination of pitches, RFPs, and other client presentations; and general marketing and business development support. Responsibilities include:
- Perform research on companies, targets, competitors and industries using the firm’s research tools and internal databases.
- Prepare detailed client research and analysis of targets in support of business development efforts.
- Identify speaking opportunities to targeted audiences.
Pitches, Proposals and Presentations
- Produce pitch materials and RFP responses, including drafting and editing materials; monitoring and tracking trends; and reporting results.
- Advise on presentation strategies and the ability to create advanced PowerPoint pitches.
- Assist attorneys with background preparation, coaching, and mock meetings.
- Support the execution of marketing and business development strategies, plans and projects, including the tracking and follow-up of specific efforts.
- Monitor and develop reports on trends and issues impacting clients.
- Populate, and assist in the management of, an experience database and client list, and providing other database needs, as necessary.
- Develop and keep updated practice marketing collateral, brochures, biographies and practice group descriptions.
Events and Sponsorships
- Coordinate practice sponsorships, firm hosted events, conference attendance/booths, webinars, and speaking engagements.
- Conduct event venue research and coordination of event management and logistics.
- Complete management of logistics and content for firm hosted webinars.
- Develop strong working relationships with key attorneys and with other members of the Marketing and Business Development team.
- Exercise project management skills to meet deadlines with short turnaround time while maintaining firm branding and standards.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, English, or Communications.
- More than two years' experience in a law firm or professional services organization.
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proofing and copyediting skills are critical to the role’s success.
- Ability to work professionally with the firm’s attorneys and to take initiative when working with other staff.
- Ability to work without direct day-to-day oversight from supervisor.
- Solid analytical abilities.
- Must be a strong writer with experience in pitch and RFP writing strongly preferred.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Detail oriented, proactive, self-directed, and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
For more information, please email Lisa Blackburn, Director of Business Development, at [email protected]. We are an equal opportunity employer.View Less