The M&A and General Corporate Paralegal for the St. Petersburg, FL office is responsible for supporting attorneys and clients with business advising and transactions within our nationally recognized Health Care and Life Sciences practice group.
Qualified candidates will have experience managing projects, preparing corporate documents, and directly assisting with corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions.
- Prepare, draft and file documents for business formation and business transactions
- Assist with transaction documentation and deal team correspondence, conduct lien searches, due diligence and prepare document summaries.
- Coordinate, maintain task and deliverable requirements for transactions, draft closing checklists, organize closing duties, signatures and closing documents, and address post-closing matters including closing binders, escrow releases and other post-closing tracking.
- Strong project management skills for supporting attorneys throughout the stages of transactions, manage checklists, provide communications and status tracking to help ensure timely deadlines, and provide prompt responses to client and attorney requests
- Administer and manage transaction documents, corporate records, minute books, closing binders, compliance and annual reports, and forms
- Prepare working group lists for Transactional and Corporate deals
- Provide necessary legal research
- Bachelor’s Degree or a paralegal certificate required (equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in a law firm or professional services environment required
- Working knowledge with corporate transactions, state and government agencies, entity management and corporate maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written format
- Proficient research, analytical, and critical thinking skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure on time-sensitive projects
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, and PDF software
Please submit your resume and a cover letter with salary expectations to:
Robin Walsh, Assistant Office Administrator
Epstein Becker Green
1227 25th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037
EEO / Accommodation Statements
EBG is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. This means that all employment decisions, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, job assignment, discipline, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, access to benefits, and training will be made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, military or veteran status, or status in any group protected by federal, state, and local law. If you require assistance and/or accommodation to use our online tools to search and/or apply for jobs, please access the email address for the recruiting contact that is listed for that position. We will be happy to work with you.