The law firm of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. has an immediate opening for a Knowledge & Research Analyst in our New York office (hybrid).
Reporting to the Manager of Library & Research, this position will work as part of a national team to provide research, competitive intelligence and other information-based services to the firm. We are seeking energetic individuals, with an interest in a law firm environment, to join our team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides both legal & non-legal research for attorneys and staff using free and fee-based subscription resources.
- Conducts in-depth research and analysis on companies, industries, competitors, marketplaces, and technologies.
- Produces cogent and succinct deliverables in response to research requests.
- Monitors various news and intelligence sources for business development opportunities and market visibility.
- Inputs client billing into business systems for research services and vendor invoice payment.
- Contributes to department’s strategic planning, outreach efforts, and policy formulation.
- Conducts training and orientation sessions for attorneys and paralegals.
- Assists in administrative tasks including collection development, product review, and some maintenance with the remaining physical library materials in the New York office.
- Exhibits exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Successfully manages deadlines and prioritizes projects.
- Stays up to date with industry trends, tools, and technologies.
- Able to provide high-quality service in a fast-paced setting.
- Uses discretion when working with confidential and/or sensitive matters.
- Master’s degree in Library & Information Science from an accredited graduate program required.
- Juris Doctorate is desirable.
- 3 or more years of research experience (law firm or corporate experience) is strongly preferred.
- Experience researching in specialized legal (Westlaw, Lexis, Bloomberg, PACER) and business (Pitchbook, CIQ, D&B, Mergent) databases is essential.
- Experience monitoring federal & state legislative and regulatory developments is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and document management software.
- Knowledgeable in integrated library solutions (online catalogs).
- Project Management experience is desirable.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter containing salary expectations to Robyn Rebollo, Manager, Library & Research (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Epstein Becker & Green is an equal opportunity employer.