The Benefits Manager will have an in-depth understanding of all Firm benefit plans including standard practices as well as all applicable laws related to the administration of each plan. This position is responsible for managing the Benefits Specialist positions.
- Oversee plan design, eligibility and enrollment of all Firm benefit plans including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, transportation, FSA, EAP, COBRA, FMLA & retirement savings plans.
- Manage the firm’s defined contribution and defined benefit plans including the review and maintenance of all plan documents and annual reconciliations and audits.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws including HIPAA, FMLA, ERISA, etc.
- Assess the impact on all benefit plans and processes as any legal, administrative or vendor changes happen and, as appropriate, communicate changes.
- Coordinate employee leaves of absence with Office Administrators, payroll and vendor.
- Identify opportunities to increase employee awareness opportunities of all benefit plans.
- Oversee the annual review, analysis and renewal of all benefit plans working with the Director of Human Resources to make recommendations to Firm Management.
- Facilitate the annual governmental filings including Form 5500, Forms 1095.
- Prepare annual budget for all benefit plans and department staffing.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge and application of local, state, and federal laws involving employee benefits
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, results orientated, self-motivated
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively analyze and audit data
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Minimum seven years’ experience in similar role
- College degree preferred. PHR or SHRM certification preferred
The expected salary range for this position ranges from $150,000 – $175,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and Firm factors are also considered. In addition to the base salary and a generous employee benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
Epstein Becker Green is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should send resume and salary requirements to:
Director of Human Resources