Epstein Becker Green to Host 36th Annual Workforce Management Briefing: Managing Workforce Compliance in an Unpredictable WorldAugust 3, 2017
New York (August 3, 2017) – Epstein Becker Green (EBG) is pleased to announce that it will host its 36th Annual Workforce Management Briefing on September 14, 2017, at the Hilton Midtown in New York.
This year’s briefing—titled “Managing Workforce Compliance in an Unpredictable World”—will feature government officials, in-house employment counsel, and EBG attorneys addressing the latest employment, labor, and workforce management developments.
This year, the firm is pleased to feature presentations by prominent government officials from Washington, DC, including Philip A. Miscimarra, Chairman of the National Labor Relations Board, and Chai Feldblum, Commissioner of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. In addition, Marc Freedman, Executive Director of Labor Law Policy, and Katie Mahoney, Executive Director of Health Policy, both of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, will present a Washington policy update.
Bret Baier, Chief Political Anchor of FOX News Channel and Anchor of Special Report with Bret Baier, will serve as this year’s luncheon keynote speaker.
The day-long seminar will hold numerous workshops and feature panelists from various companies and organizations.
Workshops include the following:
- Managing a Global Workforce: The Challenging Immigration Environment Created by the Trump Administration
- Combating Internal Cyber Threats: An Insider Threat Prevention Program Is an Employer’s Best Defense
- Global Executive Compensation Plans, Programs, and Policies: Issues and Challenges for the Financial Industry
- AI in the Workplace: The Time to Develop a Strategy Is Now
- Embracing the Gig Economy: You’re Already a Player in It (Yes, You!)
- Wage and Hour Compliance: This Is Not the Time to Take a Break
- Navigating and Managing the Complex Intersection of Paid and Unpaid Leave Laws
- Managing the Internal Threat: Preventing and Remediating Trade Secret Misappropriation by Disloyal Employees
- People Analytics: Using Big Data to Inform Hiring and Selection Processes
- The Brave New World of Pay Equality Regulation: Is Your Company Prepared?
Workshop speakers include participants from the following companies and organizations:
- Adidas Group
- Bank of America
- BT Americas Inc.
- Clarity Insights
- Coach, Inc.
- Credit Suisse Securities
- Daiwa Capital Markets
- ERISA Industry Committee
- Fresh Direct
- MarketSource, Inc.
- Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
- National Football League
- Nestle Waters North America Inc.
- New York City Commission on Human Rights
- Press Ganey
- Quest Diagnostics
- Resolution Economics
- Sumitomo Corporation of America
“Employers across the country have their eyes on the latest developments in employment, labor, and workforce management and are grappling with how best to comply with the many changes coming from Washington, the states, and local government,” said David W. Garland, Chair of EBG’s Employment, Labor & Workforce Management Steering Committee and a member of the firm’s Board of Directors. “We’ve brought together an outstanding roster of speakers who have put together insightful presentations in an effort to shine a light on the current landscape. We hope that this annual event continues to be a resource for our clients and others interested in the latest developments.”
Media are invited to attend the morning plenary sessions, the luncheon featuring keynote speaker Bret Bair, and the afternoon presentation from Chai Feldblum. For press credentials, and to set up interviews with guest speakers, please contact Piper Hall at [email protected].
About Epstein Becker Green
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C., is a national law firm with a primary focus on health care and life sciences; employment, labor, and workforce management; and litigation and business disputes. Founded in 1973 as an industry-focused firm, Epstein Becker Green has decades of experience serving clients in health care, financial services, retail, hospitality, and technology, among other industries, representing entities from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Operating in offices throughout the U.S. and supporting clients in the U.S. and abroad, the firm’s attorneys are committed to uncompromising client service and legal excellence. For more information, visit www.ebglaw.com