ANDREA K. DOUGLAS is a Senior Attorney in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Los Angeles office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Litigates on behalf of management in state and federal courts, in pre-trial, trial, and appellate settings
- Represents employers before various administrative agencies, including the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
- Represents employers in all aspects of employment litigation, including single-plaintiff and class action disputes involving claims of sexual harassment; retaliation; discrimination based on age, disability, gender, race, and sex; employment torts; breach of contract; and wage and hour violations
- Advises and counsels employers on such issues as employee discipline and termination, hiring, reductions in force, and other matters affecting the workplace
- Drafts policies and employee handbooks, conducts investigations of claims of workplace misconduct, and trains employees to recognize and avoid workplace harassment and retaliation
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Douglas served as an attorney at a California employment, labor, and immigration firm. She also has significant experience with commercial litigation and intellectual property litigation and has represented individuals and companies in matters adverse to both the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Committed to public service, Ms. Douglas has worked on a variety of pro bono matters over the course of her career. This work has included service on the Rampart Independent Review Panel, projects with the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund, and representation of survivors of domestic violence in court to obtain orders of protection from their abusers.
- Columbia University School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- Articles Editor, Journal of Law and Social Problems
- Black Law Students Association Recruitment Committee Chair
- Columbia University Human Rights Internship Recipient
- Georgetown University (B.A., cum laude, 1992)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Black Women Lawyer's Association
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Volunteer
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles