AMY E. HATCHER is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management and Litigation practices, in the firm's Newark office. She concentrates her practice on employment and commercial litigation.
- Litigates in state and federal courts, as well as arbitral forums, a broad range of employment-related matters, including claims for discrimination, harassment, whistleblowing, fraud, wage, defamation, and contract claims
- Counsels clients regarding workplace issues, including hiring, firing, and disciplining employees and implementing employment policies
- Represents clients in restrictive covenant and related commercial litigation matters
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Hatcher served as a law clerk to the Honorable Travis L. Francis, A.J.S.C., of the Superior Court of New Jersey. As a law student, she served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Reggie B. Walton of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Ms. Hatcher was a Merit Scholar for her full tenure at Howard University School of Law, where her talent for litigation earned her the position of Captain of the Charles Hamilton Houston National Moot Court Team.
Ms. Hatcher has also been named to the New Jersey Rising Stars list (2014 to 2016, 2018) in the areas of Employment & Labor and General Litigation.
- Howard University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- University of Maryland (B.A., 2003)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New Jersey
- New York