AMARDEEP (“AMY”) K. BHARJ is a Senior Counsel in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Chicago office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents employers across a broad range of industries in district and state courts and before various governmental agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Miami-Dade Commission on Human Rights, Florida Commission on Human Relations, and Illinois Department of Human Rights
- Litigates disputes arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Florida Civil Rights Act, among others
- Represents employers in the airline and financial services industries against whistleblower claims
- Advises clients on employment issues and internal policies, including terminations, separation agreements, employee handbooks, non-compete agreements, risk management, workforce reductions, litigation strategy, governmental investigations, and recent developments in employment law
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Bharj was an attorney at an international firm devoted to representing management in labor and employment matters. Prior to that, she was a labor and employment attorney at a litigation firm based in Florida.
- Columbia University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- University College London (LL.B., 2009)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida