WILLIAM O. STEIN is a Member of the Firm in the Litigation and Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practices, in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Mr. Stein's experience includes the following:
- Represents employers before state and federal courts, arbitrators, and administrative agencies in all aspects of employment litigation, including wrongful termination, sexual harassment, and discrimination actions
- Prosecutes and defends complex business disputes, including unfair competition and trade secret actions
Some of Mr. Stein's recent representative matters include:
- Successfully defended a sports apparel client in arbitration on claim of disability discrimination
- Won summary judgment for medical company on claim for sexual harassment
- Won summary judgment on claims for pregnancy discrimination and retaliation for international cosmetics company
- Won summary judgment for pharmaceutical company on claims for disability discrimination and retaliation
- Won summary adjudication for transportation company on claims for sexual harassment, racial discrimination and harassment, wrongful termination, and defamation
- Successfully defended pharmaceutical company in arbitrations arising out of a severance plan
- Won summary judgment for a pharmaceutical company on claims for wrongful termination and violation of ERISA
- Successfully defended communications company in arbitrations regarding discipline and termination under collective bargaining agreement
- Won summary judgment for credit card/payment processing company on claims for breach of contract and negligence
- Won summary adjudication for transportation company on claim of disability discrimination
Mr. Stein's previous experience includes clerking for the Honorable Robert J. Kelleher in the United States District Court, Central District of California, and serving as counsel to the Webster Commission which investigated the Los Angeles Police Department's policies and response to the Los Angeles Riots in 1992.
Mr. Stein has been selected to the Southern California Super Lawyers list (2009, 2010, 2013, 2014) in the areas of Employment & Labor and Business Litigation.
- Loyola Law School (J.D., 1990)
- University of California (B.A., 1987)
- Los Angeles
- California Federal Courts
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado