THERESA E. THOMPSON* is a Law Clerk—Admission Pending—in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC office of Epstein Becker Green. She will be focusing her practice on such areas as fraud and abuse, compliance, due diligence, and government investigations.
A contributing author for the American Health Lawyers Association's Health Care Reform Educational Task Force, Ms. Thompson received her J.D., with a Health Law Certificate, from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, where she also served as the Manuscripts Editor of the Journal of Health Care Law and Policy, President of the Student Health Law Organization, and Treasurer of the Women’s Bar Association. She is a recipient of two CALI Excellence for the Future Awards—one for the study of Health Law Fraud and Abuse and the other for Written and Oral Advocacy—and was part of a team that won first place in the Fifth Annual Health Law Regulatory and Compliance Competition.
While attending law school, Ms. Thompson became a Certified Student Attorney at the University of Maryland’s Public Health Law Clinic and worked with the Legal Resource Center for Public Health Policy. She also interned in:
- the Division of Technical Payment Policy at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, where she analyzed the Stark Law and recommended potential regulatory clarifications for key terms;
- the Health Policy, Patient Advocacy, and Project Management Department of a not-for-profit Catholic health system in Maryland; and
- the office of then-Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter of New Hampshire.
*Application pending in Maryland.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- Health Law Certificate
- Manuscripts Editor, Journal of Health Care Law and Policy
- Bowling Green State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2012)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- American Health Lawyers Association