THEODORE L. POLIN is Of Counsel in the Corporate Services practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
Mr. Polin represents publicly and privately held clients in mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and other complex business transactions as well as general corporate and securities matters, including corporate governance, SEC reporting and commercial agreements.
Mr. Polin works with domestic, foreign and multi-national clients engaged in a broad range of industries, including pharmaceutical, medical device, insurance, investment management, educational, Internet, publishing, wholesaler/retailer, building supply and marketing companies.
Representative transactions include:
- Representing a NYSE-listed insurance company in connection with its public offering of common stock, its establishment of a credit facility with a syndicate of lenders and its consummation of several acquisitions and dispositions
- Representing a Nasdaq-listed medical device company in connection with its initial public offering and two follow-on offerings of common stock
- Representing a specialty pharmaceutical company in connection with its listing on NYSE, Rule 144A private placement of convertible notes, public offering of common stock and acquisition of assets of a division of a larger pharmaceutical company
- Representing a Nasdaq-listed government contractor in connection with its public offering of common stock, its acquisition of a Nasdaq-listed competitor through a stock-for-stock merger, and its sale to a NYSE-listed competitor through a cash-out merger
- Representing a subsidiary of a NYSE-listed company in connection with over a dozen acquisitions of companies engaged in education, publishing, job placement, software training and the internet
- Representing a privately held building supply company in connection with several acquisitions in the Southeastern U.S. and its sale to a regional competitor
- Representing a registered investment advisor in connection with its formation and organization, agreements to manage several billion dollars of investments and receipt of a strategic investment by a Bermuda-based reinsurance company
- Representing venture capital firms and portfolio companies in financing, sale and other transactions
Mr. Polin currently serves on the Boards of Directors of Goltens Worldwide Management Corp. (www.goltens.com) and Clinical and Patient Educators Association (www.cpea-assn.org). Mr. Polin is also a past Chair of the Corporate and Securities Law Section of the International Lawyers Network (www.iln.com) and is a former Certified Public Accountant.
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1992)
- St. John's University (B.S., 1988)
- New York
- American Bar Association
- International Lawyers Network