TERESA A. MASON is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Provides assistance to health care organizations with federal and state government investigations, including qui tam actions, audits, and Congressional inquiries related to health care fraud concerning federal health care programs
- Assists health care entities with internal investigations related to false claims, anti-kickback, billing and coding, and other regulatory issues
- Counsels health care clients in the areas of federal and state health care fraud and abuse compliance
- Advises on legal, regulatory, and reimbursement matters arising under Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursements
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Mason worked as a registered nurse in pediatric oncology, bone marrow transplantation, and emergency medicine. She also served as a medical analyst at a boutique litigation firm in the District of Columbia, where she was responsible for researching and analyzing medical information for attorneys who were defending major pharmaceutical companies in class action litigation.
In addition, Ms. Mason has served on the local board of the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants as the assistant Director-at-Large of Education.
During law school, Ms. Mason was a member of the Georgetown Health Law Society and received a CALI Award for Excellence in Health Care Fraud and Abuse.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2012)
- Liberty University (B.S.N., 1997)
- District of Columbia
- American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- American Health Law Association