Attorneys in Epstein Becker Green's Land Use and Zoning Group provide counsel on complex land use and zoning issues to a broad array of clients, including:
- Brokers and lenders
- Golf course developers
- Local and municipal governments
- Local, regional, and national retail and commercial center developers
- Regional localities and zoning agencies
- Residential developers, homebuilders, and landowners
The types of zoning and land use matters that we handle are equally diverse and include, but are not limited to:
- Adoption of zoning ordinances, text amendments, and comprehensive plans
- Annexation and de-annexation of land
- Conservation subdivisions
- Development of Regional Impact (DRI) review
- Government permitting (land disturbance, certificates of occupancy, building, the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit program, etc.)
- Historic preservation and landmarking
- Impact fees
- Land use entitlements
- Sign permits
- Special land use permit and variance approvals
Drawing upon established government relationships, our attorneys guide clients through a complex local regulatory setting. We work closely with consultants on environmental impact statements (EIS) and members of our Environmental Law Group in the preparation of testimony and land use applications before government planning, zoning, and economic development agencies.
Utilizing the extensive land use litigation experience of our Real Estate Litigation Group, we represent clients in local disputes involving zoning approval, fair housing, government enforcement, and other matters related to zoning and land use before state authorities and municipal land use agencies. If our client receives an adverse ruling, we appeal it or, if appropriate, initiate a court action to get it reversed.
In addition, our knowledge and experience in the area of health care real estate allows us to provide zoning and land use guidance to health care organizations, while also supplying health care regulatory guidance in furtherance of the new medical use or development.