National legislation to reform the health care delivery system significantly affects employers of all sizes and may require substantial changes in many welfare benefits plans. In addition, health care providers of services to welfare benefits plans may be required to meet substantial new requirements for benefits and standards of care. To assist clients in meeting these challenges, Epstein Becker Green has attorneys who are highly skilled and knowledgeable in both health law and employee benefits law and have decades of experience in the implementation of complex new federal laws and regulations.
Epstein Becker Green represents clients before the U.S. Departments of Justice and Labor, the Internal Revenue Service, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and Federal and State trial and appellate courts. The Firm's attorneys have held senior policy positions in many of these agencies. Epstein Becker Green has represented many of the country's largest and most prominent corporations as well as many of the nation's most prestigious health care institutions. This allows the Firm to offer an exceptional combination of experience in order to assist clients throughout the health care reform process.
Epstein Becker Green provides comprehensive ERISA and welfare benefit legal services, including:
- Strategic legal plans for compliance with new legislative and regulatory requirements of health system reform legislation
- Litigation to protect self-funded plans from wrongful state law interference
- Litigation in defense of benefit payors including employers, carriers and managed care companies
- Litigation of claims by health care providers against payors
- Representation before federal and state regulatory agencies
- Health benefits contract analysis and representation
- Development of personnel policies and procedures
- Legal audits of welfare benefits plans
- Litigation of payment and contract issues
- Legal counsel for joint purchasing contracts with business groups and health alliances
- Development of employee benefits plans
- Strategic legal planning for welfare benefits plans affected by mergers and acquisitions.