Epstein Becker Green's Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization lawyers provide responsive, cost-effective, and results-oriented counsel to clients in a wide variety of industries. We handle bankruptcy-related representations of virtually any size and complexity, as well as the full range of distressed business and asset transactions, throughout the country. We represent debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, lenders, trustees, and creditor and equity committees in all aspects of bankruptcy cases and out-of-court restructurings. Our team has handled bankruptcies and reorganizations in various industries, with particular emphasis on health care and life sciences, distribution, entertainment, manufacturing, real estate, retail, and technology.
Our Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization lawyers:
- Structure and implement distressed asset acquisition and disposition transactions across a variety of industry lines
- Guide sellers in all phases of the sale process, including developing necessary data, coordinating due diligence, soliciting and evaluating offers, negotiating transaction agreements, conducting auctions, obtaining court approval where required, and directing closing and post-closing activities
- Represent buyers in connection with the acquisition of going-concern businesses, at both the company and the division level, as well as acquisitions of inventory, fixtures and equipment, commercial leases, intellectual property rights, and other distressed assets
- Provide creative acquisition strategies and sometimes bring clients together to form joint ventures
- Counsel management, when they bid, and secured creditors whose collateral is subject to a bid
- Represent buyers of claims against distressed entities
- On behalf of both secured lenders and factors, document loans, receivable fundings, and other forms of financial accommodations; implement mechanisms to protect collateral value; and develop strategies to extricate lenders and factors from distressed situations
We have negotiated, litigated, and/or investigated bankruptcy and insolvency issues involving adequate protection, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty claims, contested confirmation of reorganization plans, fraudulent conveyances, lender liability, preferential transfers, substantive consolidation, and valuation disputes.
The Bankruptcy and Reorganization Group also takes advantage of the resources of Epstein Becker Green attorneys from other legal areas—including antitrust, capital markets, corporate governance, employee benefits, environmental law, health care and life sciences, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation, products liability, real estate, and tax—when needed to provide clients with comprehensive and value-added solutions to the wide range of problems that can occur in bankruptcy and insolvency matters.