Epstein Becker Green's Bankruptcy and Reorganization Group handles bankruptcy cases and out-of-court restructurings of virtually any size and complexity, as well as a variety of distressed business and asset transactions, throughout the country. Our team has handled bankruptcies and reorganizations in various industries, with particular emphasis on health care and life sciences, distribution, entertainment, manufacturing, real estate, retail, and technology.
We represent debtors (public and private companies), secured and unsecured creditors, lenders, trustees, and creditor and equity committees, debtors-in-possession, receivers, and factors in matters involving:
- Distressed asset acquisition, disposition, and defense transactions concerning inventory, fixture, equipment, commercial lease, and intellectual property rights
- The acquisition of going-concern businesses at both the company and division levels
- Management of the entire disposition process, including the development of necessary data, coordination of due diligence, solicitation and evaluation of offers, negotiation of transaction agreements, procurement of required court approvals, and handling of auctions and closing and post-closing activities
- The documentation of pre-petition, post-petition, and exit financings; receivable fundings; and other forms of financial accommodations
- Strategies to extricate lenders and factors from distressed situations on behalf of secured lenders and factors
We have negotiated, litigated, and/or investigated bankruptcy and insolvency issues involving adequate protection, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty claims, contested confirmation of reorganization plans, fraudulent conveyances, lender liability, preferential transfers, substantive consolidation, and valuation disputes.
The Bankruptcy and Reorganization Group also takes advantage of the resources of Epstein Becker Green attorneys from other legal areas—including antitrust, capital markets, corporate governance, employee benefits, environmental law, health care and life sciences, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation, products liability, real estate, and tax—when needed to provide clients with comprehensive and value-added solutions to the wide range of problems that can occur in bankruptcy and insolvency matters.