EBG's Environmental Law Litigation practice has successfully represented oil and gas companies, refineries, power producers, chemical companies, manufacturers, insurers, governmental entities and others in complex, high-stakes environmental lawsuits, including toxic tort and property contamination cases. Practicing in some of the most heavily regulated regions in the country, our attorneys are well versed in the requirements and nuances of state and local environmental laws and regulations.
The Environmental Law Litigation practice provides representation in a broad range of environmental and toxic tort disputes, including:
- Civil and criminal investigations and enforcement proceedings
- Litigation under federal and state Superfund and remediation laws
- Class actions and other multi-party litigation
- Citizen suits under the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Permitting disputes with state and federal regulatory agencies
- Industrial, commercial and residential land use development litigation
- Regulation of water utilities, energy companies and waste management concerns
- Actions under the National Environmental Policy Act and comparable state laws
- Water rights disputes
- Environmental liabilities arising from mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and bankruptcy
- Toxic tort litigation – including mass tort cases – involving asbestos and silica related claims, benzene exposure cases and other personal injury claims
- Prosecution and defense of property contamination claims
- Defense of insurers in environmental insurance coverage actions
- Freedom of Information Act claims and protection of trade secrets.