SHIRA M. BLANK is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents clients in employment-related litigation on a broad array of matters, including claims of discrimination, sexual harassment and hostile work environment, retaliation, wrongful termination, whistleblowing, and wage and hour claims, among others, in state and federal courts and before various administrative agencies
- Advises clients on all aspects of the employment relationship, including avoidance of litigation, employee discipline and termination, employment contracts and separation agreements, wage and hour compliance, internal investigations, layoffs, reductions in force, and compliance with federal, state, and local statutes
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Blank served as Assistant Corporation Counsel in the Labor and Employment Law Division of the New York City Law Department, where she handled all aspects of employment litigation, including conducting jury trials in both federal and state court, on behalf of New York City agencies.
During law school, Ms. Blank served as a judicial intern for U.S. Magistrate Judge A. Kathleen Tomlinson of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University (J.D., 2012)
- Managing Editor, Cardozo Public Law, Policy & Ethics Journal
- The George Washington University (B.A., 2008)
- Elliott School of International Affairs
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York