RAYMOND T. MAK is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the firm's New York office, and is responsible for the management of the firm's Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) business.
Mr. Mak's experience includes the following:
- Defending management in all aspects of employment discrimination litigation in state and federal courts and administrative proceedings
- Representing management in unfair labor practice and representation cases before the National Labor Relations Board
- Providing advice and counsel on all aspects of employment and personnel issues, including those relating to sexual harassment, disciplinary procedures, reductions-in-force, wage and benefit, and non-solicitation/non-competition matters.
Mr. Mak rejoined Epstein Becker Green in 2003 after having been in charge of the Employment Litigation Unit in the Law Department of a major corporation, and the head of the EPLI Claims Department of a major insurance carrier.
Mr. Mak has been named to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list (2015-2016) in the areas of Employment Litigation: Defense, Employment & Labor, and Insurance Coverage. He has been a featured speaker on topics that include insurance coverage of employment practices claims, sexual harassment, and employment-related decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court. He has also written various law reviews and other articles on labor and employment issues.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., 1984)
- Labor and Employment
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D., 1983)
- St. John's University (B.A., 1980)
- magna cum laude
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York