PURVI B. MANIAR is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences and Corporate Services practices, in the firm’s New York office and from St. Louis, Missouri. She is Co-Chair of the firm's Business Services team. Ms. Maniar provides transactional legal guidance and strategic advice to a wide range of clients in the health care and technology industries.
Ms. Maniar’s clients include various health care organizations, as well as businesses serving the health care industry and investors in the health care industry. These clients include hospitals, health systems, and academic medical centers; medical group practices and other physician organizations; behavioral health care providers; reproductive medicine businesses; laboratory services companies; life sciences companies; and private equity and venture funds.
Ms. Maniar also regularly represents clients in the areas of information technology, outsourced services and software licenses, including outsourced services providers, software developers and re-sellers, and their customers.
Ms. Maniar regularly counsels and represents her clients with respect to formation, governance, shareholder agreements, employment agreements, vendor and customer agreements, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, hospital physician integration, private equity and venture capital investments, professional services arrangements, outsourcing transactions, software licensing and support, and other complex contractual arrangements.
Ms. Maniar has served as lead counsel in representing clients in a wide variety of matters, including:
- The sale of a large, multi-specialty, multi-location medical group to an integrated health system
- The sale of an IVF laboratory services company to a publicly traded global medical device company
- The sale of a Medicare managed care plan by a large academic medical center
- The formation, growth, and day-to-day counseling of a large, multi-specialty, multi-location physician practice
- Representation of hospital systems in connection with the formation of hospital physician ambulatory surgery center joint ventures
- The development of a nationwide dental insurance product by a non-health insurance company
- Complex U.S.-India outsourcing arrangements involving Fortune 100 companies and health care clients
- Numerous software and information technology licensing transactions
- Various mergers, acquisitions, private placements, and venture capital and private equity investments
- Numerous corporate formation, executive employment, corporate governance, and other general corporate matters
Ms. Maniar regularly authors articles and undertakes speaking engagements focusing on timely topics in the health care and corporate areas, including the increasing growth and investment in behavioral health care in the context of population health management, hospital physician integration, and benefit corporations.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.)
- Rutgers University (B.A.)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Saint Louis Area Health Lawyers Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Board Member
- South Asian Bar Association of North America, former Board and Executive Committee Member