PURVI B. MANIAR is a Member of the Firm in the Corporate Services and Health Care and Life Sciences practices, in the firm’s New York office and from St. Louis, Missouri. Ms. Maniar provides transactional legal guidance and strategic advice to a wide range of clients in the health care and technology industries.
Ms. Maniar’s clients include various health care organizations, as well as businesses serving the health care industry and investors in the health care industry. These clients include hospitals, health systems, and academic medical centers; medical group practices and other physician organizations; behavioral health care providers; reproductive medicine businesses; laboratory services companies; life sciences companies; and private equity and venture funds.
Ms. Maniar also regularly represents clients in the areas of information technology, outsourced services and software licenses, including outsourced services providers, software developers and re-sellers, and their customers.
Ms. Maniar regularly counsels and represents her clients with respect to formation, governance, shareholder agreements, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, hospital physician transactions, private equity and venture capital investments, employment agreements, professional services arrangements, vendor and customer agreements, outsourcing transactions, software licensing and support, and other complex contractual arrangements.
Ms. Maniar has served as lead counsel in representing clients in a wide variety of matters, including:
- Sale of hospital-owned Medicaid and Medicare managed care plans
- Integration by health care system of a large, multi-specialty medical group
- The sale of a large, multi-specialty, multi-location medical group to an integrated health system
- The sale of an IVF laboratory services company to a publicly traded global medical device company
- Advising multi-state telemental health services provider regarding various state and federal regulations
- Various acquisitions, affiliations, and formations of substance use disorder and addiction treatment centers by private equity backed behavioral health company
- The sale of a Medicare managed care plan by a large academic medical center
- The formation, growth, and day-to-day counseling of a large, multi-specialty, multi-location physician practice
- The formation of hospital physician ambulatory surgery center joint ventures
- The development of a nationwide dental insurance product by a non-health insurance company
- Complex U.S.-India outsourcing arrangements involving Fortune 100 companies and health care clients
- Numerous software and information technology licensing transactions
- Various mergers, acquisitions, private placements, and venture capital and private equity investments
- Numerous corporate formation, executive employment, corporate governance, and other general corporate matters
Ms. Maniar regularly authors articles and undertakes speaking engagements focusing on timely topics in the health care and corporate areas, including behavioral health care transactions, hospital physician integration, and benefit corporations.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.)
- Rutgers University (B.A.)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Women Business Leaders of the U.S. Healthcare Industry Foundation
- American Health Lawyers Association – Behavioral Health Task Force
- Saint Louis Area Health Lawyers Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Board Member
- South Asian Bar Association of North America, former Board and Executive Committee Member