Epstein Becker Green provides a full range of legal defense services to a wide range of clients in medical-related cases, including in-depth investigation of facts of treatment, discovery, pretrial procedures, trial, and appeal. The firm's medical malpractice team represents hospitals, physicians, managed care organizations, and other medical institutions and has available the extensive resources of the firm's attorneys practicing in all major areas of health law.
The diversity of the Epstein Becker Green Health Care and Life Sciences Practice provides professional liability clients with access to decades of experience in the application and interpretation of policies, procedures and protocols as well as the standards and regulations for care by all major health care providers. In addition to the defense of medical malpractice, Epstein Becker Green also defends denial of coverage cases, denial of benefits cases and ERISA or COBRA claims, which are medically related.
The firm provides highly skilled defense of malpractice cases and related legal services, including:
- Legal audits of professional liability exposure
- Strategic legal guidance to reduce exposure to liability
- Reviews of practice procedures and protocols
- Factual investigations of initial complaints
- Discovery and depositions
- Pretrial settlements
- Trial preparations and coordination of expert witnesses
- Trial of professional liability and malpractice cases
- Appeals of unfavorable verdicts
- Structured settlements
- Representation in negotiations with malpractice insurance carriers
- Consultation with local counsels throughout the country