PIERRE GEORGES BONNEFIL is a Member of the Firm in the Immigration Law Group of the Labor and Employment practice. Based in New York, he is Vice Chair of the firm's Diversity and Professional Development Committee, Chair of the firm's Hispanic Business Group, and a member of the firm's Technology Team practice group.
Mr. Bonnefil, who has served as an Attorney General Honors Attorney with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), has extensive experience representing both companies and individuals. Currently, Mr. Bonnefil:
- Acts as Immigration Counsel for the French Consulate General in New York
- Represents clients in immigration court, before various offices of the USCIS, the Department of Labor, and the Department of State, and before local departments of labor
- Counsels clients as to their legal rights and assists them in preparing and processing petitions to acquire temporary visas or permanent residence in the U.S.
- Prepares and gives presentations to clients on pertinent immigration issues.
As an attorney with the USCIS, Mr. Bonnefil evaluated, prepared, and prosecuted cases against detained aliens in immigration court.
Mr. Bonnefil has hosted and appeared on numerous television and radio programs on immigration. He has lectured at St. John's University School of Law and served as an Immigration Counselor at Medgar Evers College of the City University of New York. Mr. Bonnefil has written on such topics as "Global Immigration for the Multinational" and "Illegal Immigration and Immigrant Responsibility Act."
Mr. Bonnefil authored a chapter, "Developing a Solid Immigration Strategy in Light of Recent Developments and Trends," in Employing Highly Skilled Foreign Nationals (Thomson Reuters/Aspatore, Nov. 2009). In an Aspatore Special Report, Understanding the Immigration Debate: An Immediate Look at Arizona's Proposed Immigration Reform and the Federal Government's Response, Mr. Bonnefil contributed a chapter titled "The Post-Arizona Immigration Law Reality" (Thomson Reuters/Aspatore, 2010).
In 2015, Mr. Bonnefil was appointed a Knight in the French Legion of Honour by the Consul General of France in New York. One of France’s highest honors bestowed upon French nationals, the designation was presented to him in recognition of his outstanding public service. He also is a recipient of the French Order of Merit and a Member of the Board of the American Society of the French Order of Merit. He was selected for inclusion in New York Metro Super Lawyers (2007, 2011 to 2013) and recommended by The Legal 500 United States (2013, 2014).
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D., 1988)
- Fairfield University (B.S., 1980)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
Board of Directors
- American Society of the French Order of Merit
- French American Chamber of Commerce, New York Chapter (2015 to 2017)