PATRICIA A. WHEELER is a Senior Counsel in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
Ms. Wheeler’s experience includes:
- Advising on the interpretation and application of policies and regulatory, administrative, and employment laws, including the National Labor Relations Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Family and Medical Leave Act, and Title VII
- Counseling on employee discipline, termination, workplace investigations, performance management, conflicts of interest, policy development, wage and hour issues, workplace accommodations, training, and the protection of intellectual property, trade secrets, and confidential information
- Conducting and supervising internal investigations of alleged employee misconduct and recommending appropriate responses
- Managing all employment aspects of corporate transactions, including risk analysis, benefits and policy planning, and drafting/negotiating executive employment agreements and transactional documents
- Counseling clients through reductions in force and organizational changes
- Drafting and negotiating collective bargaining agreements and handling other union matters
- Managing labor and employment litigation and administrative charges, union grievances, audits and investigations, and restrictive covenant agreement disputes
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Wheeler was an Assistant General Counsel, Vice President – Employment, Labor, Transactions, at a multinational global financial institution, where she provided legal counsel and advice to executive management on the interpretation and application of regulatory, administrative, and employment law and corporate policies. Previously, she served as a Veterans Service Rating Specialist at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and as an attorney in the Litigation – Employment & Labor Group of a large U.S.-based corporate law firm. Ms. Wheeler began her legal career as a Law Clerk at Epstein Becker Green.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Staff Member, Urban Law Journal
- Fitchburg State University (B.S., summa cum laude, 1997)
- Highest Award for Clinical and Academic Excellence
- Anna Maria College (B.A., cum laude, 1986)
- New York