Epstein Becker Green Attorneys Featured in “Uniform Trade Secrets Act: A State by State Guide”Practical Law Company October 20, 2011
Epstein Becker Green attorneys are featured in "Uniform Trade Secrets Act: A State by State Guide," part of a special Labor and Employment supplement published by Practical Law Company. Epstein Becker Green, in conjunction with the Practical Law Company, recently wrote and published statewide guides on the non-compete laws of Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Virginia as well as on the trade secret laws of those states plus the District of Columbia.
Following is an excerpt from the guide:
Protection of trade secrets is essential to a company's capacity to gain economic advantage over its competitors. Misuse or disclosure of trade secrets can significantly damage the value of the information. The Uniform Trade Secrets Act (UTSA) serves as model legislation for states to create their own statutes on trade secrets. ...
This extract highlights several states and just one of the topics covered in the range of questions from the full Trade Secret Laws Q&A. It considers whether the state has adopted the model UTSA and, if so, any significant differences between the state's version and the UTSA.
The following attorneys' work is featured:
- George B. Breen is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences and Litigation practices in the Washington, DC office.
- David J. Clark is a Senior Counsel in the Litigation practice, in the firm's New York office.
- James P. Flynn is a Member of the Firm in the Litigation and Labor and Employment practices in the Newark office and the Newark Managing Shareholder.
- Barry Guryan is a Member of the Firm in the Labor and Employment and Health Care and Life Sciences practices, in the firm's Boston office.
- Amy E. Hatcher is an Associate in the Labor and Employment and Litigation practices, in the firm's Newark office.
- Zachary C. Jackson is a Member of the Firm in the Labor and Employment practice, in the firm's Chicago office.
- David Poppick is Member of the Firm in the Labor and Employment, Health Care and Life Sciences and Litigation practices, in the firm's Stamford and New York offices.