MELISSA M. STANNARD is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. Her practice includes employment counseling and litigation, as well as traditional labor law matters.
- Advises management with respect to all aspects of the employment relationship, from pre-employment considerations to post-employment disputes
- Counsels employers with respect to everyday employment matters, including hiring, internal investigations, reasonable accommodations, discipline, leaves of absence, terminations (including reductions in force), and post-termination issues
- Provides strategic analysis in developing and administering employee handbooks and policies, training materials, restrictive covenants, and settlement agreements
- Advises clients on traditional labor matters, including collective bargaining, contract analysis, grievance processing, and unfair labor practice avoidance
Ms. Stannard previously worked as an in-house labor and employment attorney for one of the nation’s largest wholesale suppliers of food and grocery store items and then was an attorney in the Labor and Employment practice group of a law firm in New York City.
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2012)
- President, St. John’s Labor and Employment Law Society
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 2009)
- Labor Studies and Employment Relations
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York