MAXINE ADAMS is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Assists in defending clients against labor and employment-related litigation with respect to wage and hour disputes, discrimination claims, and retaliation disputes
- Assists in counseling clients on employment law issues in all facets of the employment relationship
- Assists in advising employers on practices and procedures, including employment policies and handbooks
- Assists in defending employers in lawsuits brought in court alleging violations of all aspects of the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and/or equivalent state and local laws
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Adams interned for the New York State Department of Labor, where, among other things, she researched worker misclassification issues.
As a law student, Ms. Adams participated in the Cornell Labor Law Clinic, which serves underprivileged clients with workplace-related issues. She also served as a teaching assistant in the Labor and Employment Law course at the School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University.
While attending college, Ms. Adams interned in the Employment Department of the International Labor Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Cornell University Law School (J.D., 2014)
- Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations (B.S., 2011)
- New York