MARISA S. RATINOFF is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the firm's Los Angeles office. For more than 20 years, she has provided advice and counsel and litigation defense and strategy to companies and their management, in all aspects of employment law. Ms. Ratinoff was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2016, 2017) and Los Angeles' Best Lawyers© (2016), in the field of Employment Law - Management. She was also recommended in The Legal 500 United States (2015 and 2016), for Labor and Employment Litigation.
With an emphasis on the real estate, health care, retail, hospitality, and food industries, Ms. Ratinoff:
- Represents employers and their management in state and federal trial and appellate courts, before state and federal administrative agencies, and in arbitration tribunals
- Defends companies against both single-plaintiff and class action litigation
- Counsels clients on a broad range of employment law matters, including, without limitation, preventative strategies, reductions in workforce, disability accommodations both in accessibility matters and employment matters, leaves of absence applications, termination, wage and hour, privacy, employment policies and agreements, and compliance with state and federal regulatory statutes affecting employment
- Performs sexual harassment training for managers and non-managers
In addition to her private practice, Ms. Ratinoff is a mediator and arbitrator for the Alternative Resolution Center and the American Arbitration Association. She is also on the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Mediation Panel for the United States District Court, Central District of California. In her mediation and arbitration practices, she also focuses on employment law and has been selected as a neutral in both national and international employment disputes.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 1991)
- University of California (B.A., 1987)
- Cambridge University (1983)