MARISA S. RATINOFF is a Member of the Firm in the Labor and Employment practice, in the firm's Los Angeles office. For more than 20 years, she has provided advice and counsel and litigation defense and strategy to companies and their management, in all aspects of employment law.
With an emphasis on the real estate, health care, retail, hospitality, and food industries, Ms. Ratinoff:
- Represents employers and their management in state and federal trial and appellate courts, before state and federal administrative agencies, and in arbitration tribunals
- Defends companies against both single-plaintiff and class action litigation
- Counsels clients on a broad range of employment law matters, including, without limitation, preventative strategies, reductions in workforce, disability accommodations both in accessibility matters and employment matters, leaves of absence applications, termination, wage and hour, privacy, employment policies and agreements, and compliance with state and federal regulatory statutes affecting employment
- Performs sexual harassment training for managers and non-managers
Ms. Ratinoff is also the editor of the Retail Labor and Employment Law Blog.
In addition to her private practice, Ms. Ratinoff is a mediator and arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association. In her mediation and arbitration practices, she also focuses on employment law.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 1991)
- University of California (B.A., 1987)
- Cambridge University (1983)