LINDSAY BORGESON is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Assists clients in developing, implementing, and evaluating health care compliance programs
- Counsels health care organizations on HIPAA compliance and the permissible use and disclosure of protected health information (PHI), works with clients to develop HIPAA privacy policies and procedures to protect PHI, and reviews and drafts business associate agreements
- Advises health care clients in connection with corporate formation, structuring, licensing, and the negotiation and execution of mergers and acquisitions, and conducts due diligence reviews
- Drafts and negotiates various contracts, including affiliation, physician employment, licensing, non-disclosure, managed care, and management services agreements, among others
Some of Ms. Borgeson’s recent representative matters include the following:
- Drafted compliance policies for Performing Provider Systems (PPSs) participating in the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) in New York State
- Prepared an application for a certificate of authority to operate as a New York State accountable care organization (ACO), including developing narrative responses
- Helped review and prepare documents for a Community Health Care Assets Protection Act (CHAPA) filing to the New Jersey Attorney General on behalf of a nonprofit health care client
- Provided assistance to a third-party administrator and/or utilization review client with licensure name changes in multiple states
- Assisted on numerous aspects of an asset purchase deal between a physician group and a hospital, including the review and analysis of leases, employment agreements, and other due diligence documentation, and the preparation of disclosure schedules to the asset purchase agreement
- Assisted on various corporate practice of medicine projects, including organizing friendly professional corporation (PC) or professional services limited liability company (PLLC) arrangements for individual physicians and management services organizations; conducted due diligence reviews for private equity clients interested in pursuing a friendly PC or PLLC arrangement
While attending law school, Ms. Borgeson served as a Comments Editor of the Seton Hall Law Review. She also worked for the Medicare Rights Center in New York City, counseling beneficiaries on their Medicare coverage rights and assisting them in filing appeals for coverage. In addition, she served as a legal extern at a regional medical center in Paterson, New Jersey.
Before attending law school, Ms. Borgeson served as a Project Coordinator for the RCHN Community Health Foundation, where she facilitated the development and launch of a website that supports the present work of community health centers.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2014)
- Health Law Concentration
- Wellesley College (B.A., 2009)
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association