LEONARD LIPSKY is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. He was named to the New York Metro Rising Stars list (2013 to 2016) in the area of Health Care, and he received an Award of Excellence in the Study of Health Law from the American Bar Association's Health Law Section and the Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. In 2017, he was recommended by The Legal 500 United States in the area of Healthcare: Health Insurers.
Mr. Lipsky provides strategic advice to health care providers and investors in the health care industry in the rapidly changing health care marketplace.
Regulatory Health Care
- Offers insight and strategies with forming clinically integrated networks, including ACOs, MSOs, IPAs, PHOs, and population health arrangements.
- Advises clients of New York State and federal legislative and regulatory trends and policy developments
- Counsels clients in health regulatory compliance matters, including self-referral (Stark Law), anti-kickback, fee-splitting, and corporate practice of medicine considerations
Transactional Health Care
- Advises health care providers—and financial institutions investing in health care companies—on planning, structuring, and negotiation of health care transactions (mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures), business arrangements, and strategic partnerships, including transactions involving health systems, independent practice associations, and accountable care organizations
- Counsels clients on for-profit and not-for-profit governance considerations, including preparation of governing documents (shareholder agreements, bylaws) and provides real-time advice and participation on board and shareholder meetings
Mr. Lipsky is a frequent speaker and author on legal issues in the changing health care environment.
- Advised MemorialCare Health System in formation of first-of-its-kind direct to employer ACO to serve the health care needs of employees (and their dependents) of The Boeing Company in Southern California
- Advised Barnabas Health, a New Jersey hospital system in connection with its merger with Robert Wood Johnson, creating New Jersey’s largest health care system—and one of the largest in the nation—to be known as “RWJ Barnabas Health”
- Advised a hospital system on structuring a new care coordination program at the hospital in a manner that complies with regulatory requirements and meets business needs
- Advised a hospital system in its acquisition of two health care systems in the Northeast U.S.
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D.)
- New York University (B.A., cum laude)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association