KATE B. RHODES is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Counsels clients on the termination and discipline of employees, effective employee misconduct investigations, disability accommodations, state and federal leave laws, the use and payment of interns, the classification of employees, the legality of incentive compensation policies, responses to union organizing efforts, and conduct during strikes and lockouts
- Drafts and assists in negotiating collective bargaining agreements, arbitration agreements, employment agreements, severance agreements, settlement agreements, confidentiality agreements, project labor agreements, and media rights agreements
- Advises on and drafts employee handbooks and drug testing and social media policies
- Investigates allegations of employment discrimination, sexual harassment, violations of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and misconduct by high-level executives
- Represents clients in labor and employment-related arbitration and litigation in federal and state courts
- Trains managerial and non-managerial employees on sexual harassment and non-discrimination policies and procedures
- Investigates allegations of unfair labor practices and employment discrimination, counsels clients during government investigations, and defends clients against such allegations before federal and state agencies
- Reviews and revises labor and employment law-related provisions of merger and acquisition agreements, stock purchase agreements, affiliation agreements, and credit agreements
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Rhodes was an attorney in the New York office of a global law firm, where she focused on labor and employment and sports law matters.
As a law student, Ms. Rhodes was the Senior Notes & Comments Editor of Tulane University Law School’s Sports Lawyers Journal, a member of the Order of the Coif, and the recipient of the Weistart Award for Excellence in Sports Law: Antitrust & Labor.
- Tulane University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Chicago (B.A., 2006)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Women in Sports and Events, National Board Member