KAT PATERNO is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Los Angeles office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Exclusively represents management on labor and employment matters with a primary focus on traditional labor, including union elections, union organizing campaigns, union avoidance programs, decertifications, and collective bargaining negotiations
- Represents employers in unfair labor practice proceedings and labor arbitrations
- Counsels employers on a wide variety of employment issues, such as federal and state leave laws, wage and hour issues, and terminations, and provides employers with training regarding preventative strategies and better practices
- Represents employers in single-plaintiff discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination cases, as well as wage and hour claims, and defends them in hearings and matters before the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the National Labor Relations Board, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Paterno was a labor and employment associate at an international law firm.
- UCLA School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- Temple University (B.A., 1993)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California