JUNGMIN CHOI is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Newark office. She concentrates her practice on employment-based immigration law. In 2016 and 2017, Ms. Choi was recommended in The Legal 500 United States, for Immigration.
Ms. Choi's experience includes:
- Advising employers in variety of industries on business-related immigration matters involving the recruitment, hiring, transfer, and retention of foreign nationals in the United States
- Assisting employers in obtaining nonimmigrant visas for foreign nationals working temporarily in executive, managerial, professional, skilled or specialized knowledge positions in the United States
- Assisting in obtaining permanent resident status ("Green Card") on behalf of foreign nationals
- Providing guidance and counseling to clients on various compliance issues relating to employing foreign nationals in the U.S. and to manage all risks arising under those laws
- Advising clients regarding employer sanctions and record-keeping under various regulations (Immigration Reform and Control Act (Form I-9), H-1B Public Inspection files, etc.)
- Assisting clients during the U.S. Department of Labor's Form I-9 and H-1B audit process
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Choi worked as a labor and employment associate at the Newark office of another law firm.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., International Studies, 1998)
- New York
- American Immigration Lawyers Association