JONATHAN L. SHAPIRO is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents clients in employment-related litigation on a broad array of employment matters, including claims of discrimination, harassment/hostile work environment, retaliation, wrongful termination, retaliation, failure to accommodate disabilities, and breach of employment contracts and restrictive covenants
- Represents employers in wage and hour individual and class action lawsuits alleging Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) violations, particularly with regard to the classification of workers
- Defends employers in state and federal administrative proceedings, civil lawsuits, and collective action litigation
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Shapiro was an associate at a major international law firm in New York City, where he represented clients in complex commercial litigation matters, including labor and employment litigations, class actions (FLSA, securities, and antitrust), and contractual disputes, in state and federal court, as well as in arbitrations and mediations. He also defended clients in white collar criminal investigations conducted by federal and state agencies, including, among others, the Securities and Exchange Commission, Department of Justice, Office of Foreign Assets Control, and Office of the New York Attorney General.
Mr. Shapiro was honored by the New York State Bar Association as “Empire State Counsel” in 2013 for his outstanding commitment to pro bono service.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., magna cum laude, 2004)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association - Member, Labor & Employment Law Section
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association - Member, Labor & Employment Law Section
Committee Member, Workplace Rights and Responsibilities
Committee Member, Continuing Legal Education