JOHN D. BARRY is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Newark office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents a variety of health care providers, including hospitals, physician groups, ambulatory care facilities, accountable care organizations, nursing homes, and various other health care facilities and businesses, in transactional and regulatory compliance matters arising under Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement programs
- Advises on acquisitions, joint ventures, and affiliations of both for-profit and nonprofit organizations
- Assists health care providers and payers in transactional work emanating from accountable care and value-based purchasing
- Manages all aspects of transactional regulatory health care due diligence
- Advises clients on federal and state health care fraud and abuse laws, including the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Barry was an associate at a large regional law firm.
As a law student, Mr. Barry completed the Seton Hall University School of Law concentration in Health Law, was Associate Editor of the Seton Hall Law Review, and received the ABA Health Law Award for Excellence.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- cum laude
- Concentration in Health Law
- Associate Editor, Seton Hall Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 2005)
- New Jersey
- American Health Lawyers Association, Fraud and Abuse Practice Group
- New Jersey State Bar Association