JAMIE F. FRIEDMAN is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the firm's New York office. Ms. Friedman has been named to the New York Metro Rising Stars list (2014 to 2016) in the area of Employment & Labor.
Ms. Friedman's experience includes:
- Representing clients in employment-related litigation involving a broad array of matters, including discrimination, sexual harassment/hostile work environment, retaliation, wrongful termination, whistleblowing, and wage and hour claims, among others
- Advising employers on compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Defending employers in state and federal administrative proceedings, civil lawsuits, and collective action litigation
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Friedman was the Chief of Staff for the New York City Department of Finance. Her responsibilities included making policy recommendations and providing legal guidance and counsel on employment issues for the 1,800-person agency. Before this role, Ms. Friedman served as Senior Counsel in the Labor and Employment Law Division of the New York City Law Department, Office of the Corporation Counsel, where she was employed for six years. As Senior Counsel, she handled all aspects of employment litigation, including conducting jury trials in both federal and state court.
During law school, Ms. Friedman served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Kevin Thomas Duffy of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University (J.D., 2006)
- cum laude
- Fordham University (B.A., 2002)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York