JACKIE SELBY is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the firm's New York office. She was recommended by The Legal 500 United States (2016) in the Health Insurers category.
- Negotiates agreements by and among managed care companies, insurers, hospitals, health systems, behavioral health and substance use disorder treatment providers, physicians, and ancillary providers
- Advises clients on compliance with state and federal health care laws and regulations
- Counsels clients on third-party payor reimbursement and operational matters
Prior to working at EBG, Ms. Selby was Deputy General Counsel of United Healthcare and Vice President for Oxford Health Plans and provided advice and counsel on legal, contractual, regulatory and compliance issues, with an emphasis on commercial, Medicare and Medicaid network participation agreements with large hospitals, academic medical centers, medical groups, pharmaceutical, radiology, lab, orthopedics, physical therapy, disease management, behavioral health and various other providers and vendors; risk sharing, capitation, reinsurance, delegation and carve-out agreements; and product joint venture agreements with hospital systems.
Earlier on in her career, Ms. Selby established the health care practice area as a Partner and Chair of the health care practice for a New York City law firm, was General Counsel for a regional Tri-State HMO, and practiced with law firms in Washington, DC and Europe in the M&A, privatization, corporate, securities and finance areas.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.)
- cum laude
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A.)
- with highest distinction
- District of Columbia
- New York