GEORGE M. MACCHIA is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Newark office of Epstein Becker Green. His practice focuses on representing management in the areas of employment litigation and personnel management and procedures.
Mr. Macchia's experience includes:
- Defending employers in state and federal courts in discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour litigation
- Defending employers in discrimination litigation brought before the EEOC, the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights, and the New York State Division of Human Rights
- Representing employers in labor arbitration matters and unfair labor practice charges brought before the New Jersey Public Employee Relations Commission and the American Arbitration Association
- Counseling employers on a variety of human resources issues, including termination, discipline, and employment policies and practices
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Macchia worked as a Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Attorney General's Office, Division of Law, where he handled labor and litigation matters. Prior to his public service, Mr. Macchia was a labor and employment associate with a large New Jersey firm. Additionally, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Garrett E. Brown, Jr., of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Mr. Macchia also served in the U.S. Air Force, during which he participated in Operation Desert Storm in the early 1990s.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- cum laude
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (M.B.A., 1992)
- Rutgers University (B.A., 1986)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association