Unconventional Gas Drilling & Fracking: Technology, Law & Regulation
As part of a six-person panel, Eileen Millett will speak on NYS and NYC differences over Marcellus shale, the EPA's posture, and DRBC regulations.
Panel topics include:
- What are "unconventional natural gas drilling," "shale gas," and "hydraulic fracturing" - or "fracking" - a technical discussion of what it is, when it came to be and its use today
- Pre-drilling and exploration injuries
- The chemical make up of the "fracking" brew - some chemicals include diesel fuel, benzene, methanol, formaldehyde, etc.
- The hottest shale gas plays with the most drilling
- The incentives and benefits of unconventional natural gas drilling to landowners and others
- The potential harms of unconventional natural gas drilling
- Discussion of recent spills and contaminations
- What state and federal agencies like the EPA have to say about the process
- What options are available to landowners
- Potential third-party liability insurance recovery for energy companies facing allegations of fracking-related liability
- Potential first-party property and business interruption insurance coverage for energy companies engaging in fracking
For more information, visit the Litigation Conferences website.