The Impact of Value-Based Purchasing and Other Employee Initiatives on Population Health: Thought Leaders in Population Health Webinar Series
This session will discuss several approaches for population health managers to reduce costs and improve health care.
This session will explore the activities of some well-known employer coalitions to discuss how they are designing and implementing value-based purchasing initiatives. As employers continue to struggle in the slowly recovering U.S. economy, comply with the remaining provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and engage in other initiatives, many employers are implementing innovative population health strategies to reduce costs and improve health care. The session will include an update on consumer-directed health, accountable care organizations (ACOs), and care management and wellness programs. The speakers also will highlight several recent surveys reporting on recent employer-sponsored health coverage trends.
- Standardizing and reporting on performance measurements
- Identifying the next wave in value-based purchasing
- Assessing the impact of the ACA and other health care reform initiatives on employers
- Establishing mental health parity standards
- Engaging consumers in informed decision-making
- Moving towards an integrated delivery system, including ACOs
Adam Solander, Associate, Epstein Becker Green
David Lansky, PhD, President & CEO, Pacific Business Group on Health
Laurel Pickering, MPH, President & CEO, Northeast Business Group on Health
If you have questions regarding this event, please contact Whitney Krebs at (202) 861-0900, or firstname.lastname@example.org.