Stark Law Realities Continued: Attorney-Client Discussions On the New Stark Law Provisions
A two-hour interactive discussion of several real-world scenarios focused on new Stark Law changes and how they apply in the client counseling context. Materials and scenarios to be distributed in advance, including AHLA Stark Law Member Briefing.
Topics of discussion:
- Overview of key Stark Law changes and deadlines;
- Per click and percentage compensation arrangements—hospital and physician scenarios;
- Under arrangements and stand-in-the-shoes scenarios—what can survive?
- Practical tips on how to approach re-alignment with reluctant parties;
- How to interpret periods of disallowance and advise clients of noncompliance consequences; and
- What scenarios may provoke government disclosure considerations.
To register, click here.