Reductions-In-Force: Preventing and Defending Age Discrimination Class Actions (New York)
Grand Ballroom, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10017
In this timely briefing, we will provide the in-depth legal information and practical guidance employers need to prevent and successfully defend an age bias class action, including:
- The 12 legal and economic "realities" that make age discrimination claims an increasingly costly threat;
- The unique characteristics of a class action brought under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) — it is very different from a Title VII sex or race-based class action;
- The elements of an age discrimination class action based on state law, as well as a hybrid federal/state-based class action;
- An employer's obligations under the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA) — the lesser known but equally perilous age-related class action threat; and
- Specific guidelines on how to plan and implement a RIF that maximizes an employers chances of prevailing in an ADEA or OWBPA class action, including the role of adverse impact analyses and the components of a valid OWBPA waiver of claims.
Registration Fee: $40
Please contact Christine Eschenauer at 212.351.4668 or firstname.lastname@example.org any questions.