Perils of Plan Sponsorship: Managing Fiduciary Responsibilities, Audit Expectations, and Investment Risk
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Joan A. Disler, Esq., Epstein Becker Green
Kriste Naples-DeAngelo, CPA MBA, EisnerAmper LLP
Attila T. Toth, Portfolio Evaluations, Inc.
Registration: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Program: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
(Continental breakfast will be served)
Plan sponsors have an increasing duty to meet and manage their fiduciary responsibilities. Learn how to avoid potential perils and pitfalls from the legal, audit, and investment aspects of a plan. Join us for a complimentary and interactive seminar.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Responsibilities of being a fiduciary
- Penalties applicable when fiduciary responsibilities are not met
- Benefits of forming plan committees and their responsibilities
- Differences between settlor and fiduciary functions
- Best practices for carrying out fiduciary duties
- Common plan errors
- Employee benefit plan fraud and controls to mitigate it
- Best practices as they relate to the evaluation of fees and performance