How to Comply with the New Jersey Civil Union Law
IOMA AUDIO CONFERENCES800.401.5937
This in-depth program will cover:
- A full description of the Civil Union law and what it means for employers both headquartered and with satellite offices in New Jersey
- What takes precedence? Balancing the New Jersey Family Leave Act against FMLA
- How to review your existing personnel and benefit policies for potential conflicts
- When employers currently offering group health plan coverage to spouses may be required to offer the same benefits to partners in civil unions
- Critical information for employers that do choose to offer group health plan coverage for civil union partners on the federal income tax treatment of employer contributions
- How the law impacts retirement plans subject to ERISA
- Guidelines for COBRA and New Jersey 's so-called "mini-COBRA" law for smaller employers
- And much more!
And, you'll get answers to your specific questions about the new civil union law during the Q & A session at the conclusion of the audio conference.